Could you be a surrogate?? Why or why not??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, I am not a happy, nice pregnant women. I'm just not..... even *I* didn't like being around me when I was pregnant.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I couldn't. I could not carry a baby, even if it wasn't my eggs being used, I get too emotionally attached so easily.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've offered a couple times. But I know it would be hard.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I thought about doing it for the money, but realized how sick I was during my second pregnancy and how hard it was on my body and my son, plus how do you stop yourself from being attached to this being inside your body....so, once upon a time I thought "YES", but now I know the answer is "NO".
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i know i couldn't...like pp i'd get attached to the baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I couldn't do it. I'd be too attached to the baby, even if I was just a surrogate mother.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 1:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes i would as long as it wasnt my own eggs. I dont think i can though. I gave birth prematurely. Hopefully the next one will go smoother and i can look into it. Children are a blessing.
    goodfriendeva

Answer by goodfriendeva at 1:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• not sure if i could now that i had a tubual. but i think if it was someone elses egg and sperm then i might think about it. i was a champ at pregancy and labor. lol the doc once asked me if i was sure i wanted a tubal i was made to have babies. lol she was talking about me not haveing any complications and labor being so smoothand with such a great atittude to it all.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't think i'd get overly attached to the baby if the mother played a big role in my pregnancy. If i hung out with her lots & she came to my appointments & all that, i think it would be easier. Kind of a reminder that the baby is hers. I have thought about it for a friend of mine who cannot have children & really wants one, but...i'd have to quit drinking my cocktales on the weekend & my one ciggarette i have on Friday & Saturday nights (after my cocktale...haha).
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No. I couldn't carry a baby and deliver it without being attached. Even if it wasn't my egg
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011