anniversary

Ok 2 questions. 1. my anniversary is monday and we decided to just do something little no presents nothin but i was thinking of surprising him tomorrow after work with dinner as my llittle gift to him but im not really good at making it romantic or anything, any suggestions?? and 2 his birthday is coming up and i was going to throw him a surprise party with just a few of his friends here at our house but hes really close with his bro and sis and i dont want them drinking, they are underage (20 and 1) and i mean he is only going to be 23 and im sure he wouldnt care but i cant allow that in my house what if something happens??? we have a baby and i cant take that chance so how do i go about inviting them and telling them they cant drink

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 6:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Good for you for feeling that way...now how to stop them. First of all, try not to make the party be about drinking, know what I mean? Alcohol for anyone should definitely be an afterthough, try to find some other fun beverages to offer. Second, you might just have to lay down the law with them and say, "Sorry, you can't drink."

Last: maybe consider going to a restaurant instead. They'll be carded there, so it won't be your responsibility to say no. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Specifically say "non alcoholic refreshments will be served, please do not bring any alcoholic beverages"
    If you know the two would sneak the alcohol or get mad, then just say no alcohol for anyone if you don't want to chance anything happening.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• To make a romantic meal, cook his favorite food, put on a pretty outfit, tablecloth, cloth napkins, nice china and flatware, candles, soft music, etc.

Can you just not serve alcohol? If they ask you could say sorry no drinking? Or maybe that alcohol-free beer?

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• 1- learn how to cook! 2- get the dogs out of your bed, nothing can be romantic with those two beasts! 3- don't even invite those two to your house!!!
    okay, i'm just kidding...calm down everyone, i know her.
    really if you need and recipes, call me or my ma, maybe where something besides comfy's..i know easier said than done! I wasn't joking about the dogs.lol. and as far as the siblings, lay down the law!!!
    Andrewbrian2

Answer by Andrewbrian2 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008