28 weeks and UTI )= I have been taking Amoxicillin since Tuesday evening and still hurts

I went to the doctor on Tuesday because I had a really horrible bladder pain. She gave me antibiotics to take 3 times a day and said that I should feel a little relief in 24 hours and should feel better in a couple of days. Well all day today has been on and off sharp pains. I feel like when I have these pains that I am going to pee on myself if I dont rush to the bathroom... but nothings really coming out and it hurts. Could this be more or is this a normal feeling for UTI?? and when i can hope for less pain??
Thank Youuu

CrystalRaee

Asked by CrystalRaee at 1:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you taken amoxicillin before? You may have a strain of infection that has built up resistance to amoxicillin. Go back to the Dr. & try a different type of antibiotic. Eating lots of yogurt helps with UTI's too. They have PRO-biotics in them, which help your organs keep healthy & fight away bad bacteria.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• they may have to put u on a different type of med the amoxil may not work for u call ur dr
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would call your doctor and go back in, you might need to have a different kind of medicine, I had a UTI with my first pregnancy and they gave me amoxicilion, and I didn't experience any of that, the pain went away within 24 hours and I felt way better.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011