Does your child get the flu shot?

Why or why not?

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 2:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Yes
    Because my one son has had the REAL flu and it was bad. He was sick for 8 days. If I can prevent that again, I will. I know it's not always 100%, but I will do what I can to make sure he doesn't suffer like that again.

I hadn't gotten him the flu shot before that because my older boys never got the REAL flu (I say that because some people have never seen what the flu actually is). I figured "why bother it's not like anyone of my kids have had the flu before". I won't have that attitude again.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• NO. None of us do. You have no clue what is going into your body. All these immunizations and such sound great, but there is a reason we now have a rampid amount of cancers that are "unexplained" and all these special needs children with things like Autism, ADHD...etc...that are unexplained for the most part. It's all the crap the government started pumping into people generations ago. None of it is natural. And it's rediculous that kids have to have immunizations to go to schools and such. Ugh, I don't even want to get started on it all.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Nope. I believe in fresh air and sunshine, clean living, and fresh foods, herbology, and natural living instead.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My kids do get the flu shot because I do not want them to get the flu.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• no because i am one in a billion people who is allergic to the shot (yes it does happen , i spent 2 weeks in the hosipital after getting one) and will never summit my health children to it.....
    Anonymous

• Yes, my daughter has asthma and it is suggested that she get the shot, and since I am already there with her, I get my son one too
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My children don't get ANY shots. The dangers outweigh the possible benefits in my humble (yet professional) opinion.
    MariAnKenobi

Answer by MariAnKenobi at 2:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Nope, we just get sick and build up our immunities.

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My 14 yr old has gotten the flu shot since he was 5, he has asthma and needs the extra protection and he has NEVER had the flu or a reaction from the flu. I have gotten the flu shot for 20 years and have had NO problems. My son and I are both up to date on our shots and we will continue to do so. My decisions for my child affect more than just him, it affects everyone we come into contact with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011