Remembering Challenger

25 years ago today the Challenger blew up after take off.
It had on board the first school teacher to go into space.

Do you remember where you were?

I was watching live on T.V.

Natesmom507

Asked by Natesmom507 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I remember like it was yesterday.  Watching with disbelief.  =[

Crew of STS-51-L

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was working at Cooper Tires and it was on the radio. So sad. Ronald Reagan gave a very memorable speech that I watched later.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was at work, and someone walked in and said. you'll have to take your flag to half mast. It was brutally cold that day.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was in elementary school, and I saw the coverage on TV. That was a very sad day. :-(

I just noticed that one of my friends from HS apparently lived about 30 minutes from where it happened, and actually saw it in person. She said it was really sad and scary to see all the debris in the air. She would have been in elementary school at the time too; I think she was a year behind me in HS.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was watching
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was just a baby then!! Ok, I wasn't, I was at work at Pizza Hut and had to wait til I got home to watch it.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I live not far from the space center. I've seen a lot of them take off. I had paperwork to do in the restaurant. The cook told me to come out, I said you've seen one you've seen them all. He said he had a feeling this one would be different, I got outside just as it was exploding, but didn't realize it at the time.. All we could see was two streams of smoke instead of one. Everyone was saying, is that supposed to happen? One of my customers, who had previously worked at the space center, said, no something has gone wrong. Then someone from inside, listening on the radio, told us what had happened. We all just stood looking into the sky, speechless.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 4th grade. At school and we were watching it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was a young mom with a newborn baby at home....My husband was in the Air Force and we were stationed at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV. My husband called me from work and told me about it....I turned on the news and sat vigil all day....I was naive enough to hope they had survived and was devastated when it was confirmed they had not...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't remember it. I was only 5.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011