I might have Placenta previa. HELP

So, My doctor told me that there is a chance that the placenta wont move away from the cervix. I'm terrified! I think all I could hear out of that convo was "hemorrhage and death"
Another problem is that the baby might want to stick to my c-section scar which they would have to remove my uterus. I couldn't stop crying when I got home. What makes things really hard is that I have a bicorante uterus.

I had the scan at 16 weeks and they want me back at 28 weeks.
Has anyone had this problem? Im so scared and I dont want my kids to grow up with out me.

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 2:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• First of all, deep breath, Mama. I'm sorry you're going through this. Placenta previa is actually fairly common though, and the placenta will usually move on its own. My best friend had it and it caused her to bleed heavily for a while there, which of course was scary as hell. By week 38, it had resolved itself. I know the doctors have to give you all the possible doom and gloom, but it's generally not as horrible as it sounds.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011