How do I tell DH I want a divorce?

And further more, how to do I tell him that I'm planning to move to the other side of the country as well? I want to be fair and come to an agreement on visitation, as I have no wish to cut him out of our DS(5yr) life, nor do I wish to abandon my child. I just have no clue as where to start and what kind of visitation schedules to suggest. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• there's no way you can move somewhere close by until your son is 18? why not hold of on moving so far away
    Anonymous

• First,y do u want a divorce? Second,since there is going to be a custody issue,u can be ordered by a judge to state in the state u r in. U need to consult an attorney.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• IMHO...Sit him down and tell him, apparently things aren't working out (these things don't happen over night right??) As for visitation, let him have him in the summer, make sure he calls his dad every weekend, get a webcam so they can chat daily...You can make the split without nastiness as long as you both are adults about it....Good luck to you.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Well let him know about the divorce, there is not easy way I would think to tell him. As far as moving across the country it is not as easy as just saying that. He will have to be okay with that or he is going to make you miserable.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Depending upon the state in which you reside/divorce, you may not be allowed to move without your husband's consent (at least not with your child). Is moving that far away in the best interests of your son? Tough situation, sorry.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 3:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yep that's what I did with my ex. I told him I hated him (LONG story) and I wanted him gone and a divorce. He moved out and went to live with his gf in DE now he MIGHT get the kids during the summer but I'll have sole physical custody of them. Just sit him down and discuss with him how you want to split everything and custody of your son. Good luck to you
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 4:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Find the best way it can be done in a way that will allow you guys to get along as best you can for your sons sake. As far as moving across the country, I would check with the laws and an attorney before you throw that out there just to make sure you know what you might be getting into as it will depend on your state. Good luck! This is never hard and someone usually is hurt even if they kind of knew it was coming.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 4:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Thats a hard one for sure. Dont stay marrie dof ryour childs sake. Sometimes we feel pressure to do other things, and i dont know you, but maybe if you try to make things work, you guys can do all the things you want together, just talk, maybe he will support that you wanna move, and hey im nobody, but marrige is a bond. When you say i do is forever girl. We make a pact to love eachother for good n bad, sickness and health. Crazy id say. But think about the example we give others if we just give up, and throw things away. So i hope you find the answer your looking for, and Good luck with everything. Take care
    famsantiz

Answer by famsantiz at 5:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• There is no easy way to tell someone you want a divorce. The less hurtful way of doing it would be to simply tell him you want a divorce, explain to him the reasons, and consult an attorney asap. If you feel there is no chance to work things out than file the paperwork immediately and start thinking about possible visitation schedules such as school vacations and splitting the summer.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011