Is it crazy to want another baby

After just having one?

My baby is only about seven months old. And I'm not thinking right away, but maybe when she's a year old, trying for our third because we really want to try for a boy and then be done.

So do you think a year after having a baby is too soon? I'm going to be 30 by the time she's a year old.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Two kids in diapers! Diapers r expensive. U need to figure out if u can financially afford all the costs it entails!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Expense is one thing. But where are you going to get the energy?
    What if it is not a boy?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i be 30 in 2yrs ugh but my youngest is 3 out of diapers and soon to start preschool no mure daycare cause its expensive to have 2 kids in daycare. im trying also for a BOY i have 2 girls so best of luck !!!
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have. And I thought of the diapers and everything. And I've weighed the pros and cons. I do worry about having two babies in diapers and I worry about even more lack of sleep. But then I think of how much I really want another one and how I would love to try for a son and then I can close up shop! I know those reasons are selfish, because what if the only boy ends up feeling lonely and resentful (like me cause I'm the only girl). I would hate to put him through that. I dunno. Lots to think about.

Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You know the third could be another girl? If so are your going to try for a forth? You can get pregnant righ now if you want.

Answer by louise2 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it and then again my little ones have 17 and 19 months in between them. When the third was born they were all in diapers. It was not a big deal, you just make due and adjust. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. I have 3 girls too and I love that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No i don't think so my son is 3 months and i want another one
    mommy10282010

Answer by mommy10282010 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hey children are a blessing. If you want a child then go for it. Imagine all the women that cant have children, and have tried for years. Its sad to think about the women who just give them away so easily. (CRAZY) But hey if its the financial thing just potty train your little one early, My daughter is not even two yet, and she is potty trained. I am 5 months pregnant, so i trained her early. I dont wanna change diapers all day for two kids. So good luck, and i hope you find the answer your looking for. Take care
    famsantiz

Answer by famsantiz at 5:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i say go for it! my son is 10 months and i want another too!
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 6:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• if you can afford it.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 1:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2011