If you have gray hair, how can you make it come in faster?

I am in dk brown to gray hair transition.. in other words, I am getting old. Haha! I'd rather get it over with asap. I always admire other women's hair when it is totally white. It looks very nice. I wonder how long it took them to transition. I have considered cutting my hair super short but that may not work. So that is why I am asking. Thanks!

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Everyone is different. My Aunt turned white headed slowly over 25 yrs. My cousin (her daughter) turned white headed in 2 yrs and she was only 40. The only way I know to speed up gray hair...raise teenagers, LOL.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I dont like my gray hair lol. My cousin is a hair dresser though and one way if you like it you can get your hair streaked with a very light white/blonde and your gray eventually will just take over and you wont need to get it done.

Answer by gemgem at 2:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• they make grey hair dye. color it grey
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Die it
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'll send my kids to your house for a week LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• lol@ grneyegrandma. Yes, i have three kids and the oldest is 8.. so that's not to far off. I did not know they made gray dye.. lol I used to dye my hair and that is really not an option I want to do. thank you much for your answers.
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011