Home Based Bakery

I am still working on getting mine started, right now I do special orders.

Is there a bakery style item that you would love to see in your local bakery, what is it?
Would you buy from a home bakery, why or why not?

Thanks ladies!!!!

kitchenwitch78

Asked by kitchenwitch78 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• The home would have to be spotless and uncluttered for me to consider buying food from it. Or If I have had the opportunity to meet the baker or read an article about them in the paper so there are credibility factors there. Market yourself, Keep your place clean and good luck. I love blueberry muffins with strussel on top, I can't pass those up. I also would like any sort of chocolate peanut butter mix and a beverage to go with like coffee, smoothies or teas.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Real pies with real crusts.
    One of my tenants did this during the holiday season. They were fantastic. He charged $9 or $10 a pie. But then I was paying the utilities.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• There are a lot of pastries from PR that I would love to see at a local bakery. filled pasty horns, guava pastries, bread pudding, flan!
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Old time types of baked goods. From scratch stuff...homemade EVERYTHING. By homemade, I mean....everything is from raw ingredients and no short cuts....those are the ones that taste the best and are better for you.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• bread pudding, homemade doughnuts, fudge, homemade candies, maybe gift baskets for all occasions, Yes I would buy from a home bakery cause every thing taste better homemade.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I actually go through inspections (unannounced pop in type) My home is very clean because I want for my clients to be able to come here sit at the table and look through my books for special orders, I have the "no toys downstairs" rule so I don't have to worry about anyone tripping over them. We will have a special entrance this summer where my clients won't have to walk through the main house, makes me feel better not to have strangers all over my home lol. Most everything I do is from scratch, although I do have semi homemade items too.

What is flan?
    kitchenwitch78

Comment by kitchenwitch78 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• flan is like a custard tart. If you Google it you will see pics
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would want to buy apple fritters and apple dumplings
    elizabr

• Cream pies, homemade yeast rolls, carrot cake, Italian cream cake
    Wish you lived near!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• lol, I wish I could sell out of state. Within a year or so you may find that I "ship" to the 48 states.
    kitchenwitch78

Comment by kitchenwitch78 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011