Second life??

I just read about a rea life husband and wife who are also married in this web world called "second life". It seems he cheated on her with a prostitute in the computer game and now she is divorcing him in real life! Does anyone participate in this virtual world and do you think that cheating there counts??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• What? That's weird. Talk about taking things too far. Sheesh. I wouldn't ever be in one of those worlds anyway, but it's a game. It's not like he really cheated on her right? I might be upset but I wouldn't divorce him!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Hmm I would think there was more to it that that. Maybe they have blurred the lines so that they can't distinguish real and fantasy any longer. Sad when people can't seperate the two. If you want to go there, hell he probably cheats on her every time he whacks off so divorce him for that??? Craziness!!!!
    Anonymous

• sounds like maybe they should've talked about it before they went there. it's fantasy - i wouldn't divorce my husband for fantasizing over, say, angelina jolie, and he can't say a word about me fantasizing over brad pitt. (had a dream last night about george clooney, he MARRIED ME! lol)
    MamaBear1001

Answer by MamaBear1001 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• That's just plain weird!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Second life is not real life. Looks like these two blurred the lines of fantasy and reality.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yikes, it's challenging enough being married in real life, let alone in cyber space.
    I'm glad I'm traditional!!
    JillianMomOf3

Answer by JillianMomOf3 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• hmmm.... this is a first for me.... they married? like an actual marriage? how did he cheat online with a prosutute? hahaha this is just to much for me
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Don't think for a moment that someone is contemplating divorce because of cyber infidelity. There are things that are not being said.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have a friend that is completely addicted to SL and a "Furry" site called Furcadia ...

She has found her last 3 partners on these sites, and I have seen her crying and upset because one of her "mates" "cheated" on her. They have "sex", "children", jobs, weddings, divorces and every other aspect of a normal life.

It's friggen NUTS...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 3:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Hummm, thats just plain crazy. I agree with JillianMomOf3.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2008