How old were you when you lost your virginity? If you were under 18 could anything your parents have done stopped you?

I just was wondering...

I was 14, and I had a great mom who was as on top of what she was doing as she could be. Short of not working and being with me 24/7 and I don't think there is anything she could have done. I thought I was in love and made up my mind.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Once again anon poster a few up above this one...is getting all upset over this topic lol. Not everyone said their parents werent able to stop them...so calm down, and why are you hiding in all your posts?? I was sixteen, and my mother thought she knew where I was. Called over my friends house, and I would make sure I was there when she usually called...then would leave. teens arent stupid, they can fool their parents sometimes. My mother would have never thought that. She was very strict, and I still did it. I found a way. When your a teen and determined..your parents cant stop you.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 17 & No there is nothing they could have done. I married the same Man too at 24 and have been married 18 years! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was 15 and they did everything to stop me and I found ways around it. I was in Love with him and we are now married. He's the only one I've been with too. I was a good kid, in sports, good grades, went to church, didn't swear, didn't drink or do drugs. Sex was my one vice in life and my husband and I look back at that time with fond memories.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i was 16 and yes, my parents probably could have done something
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was 19, living on my own...I was stupid.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 2:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was 16 and yes they could have stopped me.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i was 21 and had been dating my husband (boyfriend at the time) for almost 3 years already.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was 18, almost 19, and engaged.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 14 and no my parents couldn't stop me. They were never around and never paid attention to what us kids did.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 14. And No I do not think they could do anything. I was a wild child back then.

Answer by louise2 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011