Who knows what Mitch Daniels is doing? Is anyone following him this early?

I saw a brief banner on the bottom of the news last night saying he was throwing his hat in the ring as Pence was noted as bowing out.
Is Mitch Daniels the straight forward, kinda boring guy we need to offset the rockstar goofball we currently have in The Oval?
I've seen some blogs that basically say just that, that it literally will take a boring suit to beat Obama because Americans are tired of the hype and overexposure we got with this celebrity we currently call POTUS.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 3:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He is my Governor and I would surely vote for him. He has done a great job here while all around us states are in the red, we are in the black! The license bureau has been revamped is is probably the envy of all states, he works well with the Dems, I think he would be a great President. I just read in today's paper, Pence will probably run for Governor and Daniels still has not decided to say what he will do. He is making the moves though.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• He supports a flat tax and has kept Indiana in good shape through the Obama mess.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Is Mitch Daniels the straight forward, kinda boring guy we need

Kind of. He has cojones, but he accomplished a LOT here. People either like him or hate him, but I've found most of those who hate him are just pissed because he made us join the 21st century and use daylight savings time like everyone else. He balanced the budget, cleaned out a lot of mess left by the guy who took over when the previous governor died, and privatized a few things that people threw hissies about at the time, but worked out for the best in the long run (like the toll road that now actually lets you use an IPass instead of waiting for everyone to have change counted out by hand).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hrmmmmm... Haven't put much thought into Mitch... I have had my eye on someone else..... I found this interesting though

"That isn't stopped Students for Mitch Daniels, a political action committee founded by Yale student and former Obama supporter Max Eden, from launching an ad urging Daniels to run. The ad is slated to air in Iowa and New Hampshire -- two early-nominating states -- as well as Indiana. The ad will run during this Sunday's NFL Pro Bowl, the Wall Street Journal reports.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would vote for him if he ran.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yea, I remembered him from when we lived in Ohio and my family in Indiana (even the democrats) liked him... Will research him.. Thnx!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• The license bureau has been revamped is is probably the envy of all states

Forgot about this part - I have to admit, BMV jokes no longer apply here, at all. It was a rough road to get there, though - for about a year, I was considering reporting them for Geneva convention violations. That's just one more good thing, though - he will do the painful stuff instead of taking the easy road that makes everyone happy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I grew up in Indiana and am impressed by the things that have changed over the past few years.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If he ran, he would have my vote! Daniels and Ryan would make an AWESOME ticket!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My man Mitch is my governor, he has my vote if he runs.

Indiana is the envy of all the states around us. We have a balanced budget.

He has been great for Indiana.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2011