Daughter caught kissing girls at school 3rd time what to do?

I am asking for a friend her daughter has been caught kissing a girl at school three times & now the school wants her to see a psychologist what do you guys think something to worry about or is it something they should handle at home she is in kindergarten

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 3:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well if my 5 or 6 year old was kissing anyone at school (boy or girl) i'd try my best to explain to her that it's not something we do in school
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would def talk to her, but be very concerned. I would make sure nothing is going on in my home or else where they I dont know about. It could just be something she is doing...but as a parent its your job to find out if there is anything behind it.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• totally normal There may even be a few weddings or two. Just a gentle reminder that kisses are for family and not our school friends.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 3:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If I were the parent I would have a serious discussion about appropriate behavior and I would need to know what kind of kissing. If the school is recommend counseling, that is what she should do.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i would just talk to her and tell her that kissing people at school isn't appropriate

tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't say counsaling or physcology in this case. She is being explorative. I would have a discussion with her about discression though. I agree not the most appropriate place. If you get on her about it hard I think she is going to rebel against you. If you talk to her maybe she will open up to you. It could be just a phase she is going through and exploring. Or it could be a life choice for her (can't tell as of yet). Either way I say talk to her calmly and see if she will talk back. If you put her through counsaling I think it could hurt her emotionally (mom doesn't approve of me because I kissed a girl).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• ask her how she feels when she kisses them ? and take it from there. its probablyjust a friendly thing i wouldnt worry to much about it, but i would let her know that is not something she should do in school.
    kaidensxmommy24

Answer by kaidensxmommy24 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2011