Makeup ? Should I wear it during Labor. ?

Im getting induced this monday, idk if i should wear makeup, there will be lots of pics, but knowing me ill be crying most of the time due to pain, &* all the joy (: my hair im just scruching and putting in a messy bun..

kaidensxmommy24

Asked by kaidensxmommy24 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wore makeup for both of my labor/deliverys lol! Didn't last too long once I started balling from the pain ''/ but it was worth a try !!! I say go natural!!!! Or heck, do your makeup when you get there, LOL you will be bored in the beginning, sometimes takes awhile for pitocin to kick in gear
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. With all the pushing (red face) and what comes with that (possible tears and sweat) its just going to mess up the make up or make it blotchy. I would say if you want to then put on the make up AFTER the baby has been born. That way your make up wont get messed up in the first place (harder to take off make up that is a mess and reapply).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• just take some lip balm.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Nope I wouldnt. I tried with my first and ended up without any on anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 3:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Ha! I wasn't thinking about makeup at that time. I was just excited to see my little man. If you do decide to wear makeup and you are worrying about you crying, wear waterproof mascara! :o) Good luck and get lots of rest before Monday! :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was induced, but I had to be induced 2 days in a row b/c the first time didn't work. I didn't wear makeup, I wanted a clean face instead. And you're going to be doing a lot of sweating and crying. Hopefully it goes well for you!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• you'll probably swell up like a balloon too. most women get swollen after they give birth in their face and arms so they look 100 lbs heavier than they actually are. i know i did. i was 130, the swelling made me look like i was 250
    Anonymous

• Don't bother - it really isn't worth the effort, unless you just want to look good on your way to the hospital.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I thought you weren't allowed to wear make up?
    But if you can, I say put on some waterproof mascara, lip-stain and bring some blush! I would love to not be so freaking pale in ALL of my pictures!!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I did, hell you will have those pics forever... why not look your best.
    Congrats and good luck!
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 4:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011