Chauvanistic Husband?

We've been married for 8 years and he really shocked me today, I asked him to take the trash out and I got some reply along the lines of: "no I'm the man of the house, how dare you try to boss me around woman, I am the head of the house" and all this chauvanistic crap. Anyone else have this problem? he's never done this before and now has decided not to talk to me, i can't understand what i've done wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• If he's never done it before, and has nothing prior to this that could have planted these ideas, perhaps he was just joking?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• He definitely wasn't joking, as in he said with malice in his voice, and just looked at me as if I was scum. And is now completely refusing to talk to me or acknowledge anything I say.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I'm sorry. Do you go to church by chance? What kind of church? It sounds like he's taking the biblical message on marriage completely out of context.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• that's bizarre. are you sure he wasn't kidding or maybe he's got a resentment about something else?
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 6:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• that's really scary. are you sure he's never ever done anything like this before? does he give you the silent treatment when he's mad at you?
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 6:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Honestly, if that were my husband, I'd get the kids and leave. No way would I put up with that kind of disrespect. He can learn to treat me with love or he can learn to live without me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yes we go to church but we're not extremely religious by any means, and normally when he's mad at me he can't keep it up and just ends up talking to me within about 5 minutes. I really don't know what to do.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he's taking that biblical stuff to far. Go get this book and read it fast, it's called Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. I swear to you it will help you. But as far as the current situation, can you leave? Can you go spend the weekend somewhere else?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I have places I could go but the difficult thing is that we've got 6 children of ranging ages and there's no way I would want to leave them with him when he's like this. Not that I believe he'd hurt them at all. But it wouldn't be nice for them. And it'd be difficult to get them all packed for the weekend and ready and explain. Especially the younger ones. But I might have to if he carries on like this, because he's starting to scare me now.
    Anonymous

• Send me a message if you want to talk further. What is he doing now?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008