birth

is it weird that i am not scared about giving birth/labor one bit?? i wanna go all natural. pain just doesnt seem to phase me at all and if i do feel pain i can control it..

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• no not weird. I wasn't scared with my son and wanted all natural. However he just refused to come out and ended up having a c section. But I was okay with that and not scared of that either (to everyones surprise- I don't scare easily lol)
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, I wasn't scared about mine either. Although, I was all for the pain meds!! LOL I was excited to see my little man :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think once you get in that delivery room and feel the severity of those contractions, your whole mind will change lol. If you're a first time mom, i'm sure you've never experienced the level of pain a contraction will give you, and when you have to push, not to mention if you tear! But more power to you if you can go all natural!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I couldn't! i'd die lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I couldn't wait to get the drugs. My body couldn't rest enough to relax and the drugs helped. Also my first child had the cord around her neck when I went into a contraction which stressed the cord and it snapped at her bellybutton end. With the drugs in my system it was easy for them to give me more so I wouldn't care. I knew things were bad when the said her apgar scores were 2,4 and 7. She ended up in the NICU for 6 days, went to the step down unit before going home. I'm glad I had the drugs in me.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• not weird. Good for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think it is wonderful that you aren't afraid. Women who are educated and in control of their emotions make decisions with a clear head, which is important when you want a natural birth!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Not weird. I wasn't scared either.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, not weird. I was more apprehensive about the baby arriving safe and healthy than I was about labour itself. I figured women have been doing it for thousands of years. I had three med-free deliveries and they were all really positive experiences. I would do it the same way if I ever got pregnant again.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was never afraid of child birth either. I knew it was something that millions of women have done, and I can do it too. However, labor is another kind of pain, just letting you know.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Thats really good. I can't do it since I need C sections but if you can do it without better for you and baby. Power to you!
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011