CIO moms only

how early did you let ur babies CIO? And what age did you stop nighttime feedings and let them CIO? my daughters 7 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Night feeding stopped about 8 months and we did CIO around the same time,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'm not exactly a CIO advocate, but it is useful for some kids. Never before 4 months. Around 9 months (give or take a couple months depending on your child), they can sleep longer at night and can understand you haven't disappeared just because they cannot see you. Of course, sleeping through the night for them may only be 6 or 7 hours straight, depending on them. By a year old, most kids are fine without eating during the night.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 3:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I had a set bedtime routine and once the baby got drowsy I put him down. They might have fussed a little but not much. Technically CIO, I suppose, but I never let them scream their lungs out. I always got up for night time feedings until they dropped them on their own.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We CIO when my LO was 5 mos old and we took her paci and broke her swaddle. It took 1 week and she was sleeping straight through the night for 12 hours and not waking b.c her paci fell out. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• 6 months. But now she is 15 months and for some reason is waking 2 and 3 times a night again. not to eat but she is just waking up. And CIO is not working. She still goes right to sleep at bed time, but when she wakes up in the night nothing helps but me going in there and calming her back to sleep. So Yeah, at 6 months and it worked wonders for 9 months, but now we are back to square one. GL!!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• we did it a 8 months! she was waking 5-6 times a night and i wanted her to move down to 1 or 2 so we did CIO she wakes only once now sometimes not at all! she is 11 months old!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Never. It felt abusive

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011