How can I make perfect sunny side up eggs?

This is my roommate's favorite way to have his eggs... but I've never done it this way. Usually I just fry them overeasy and put them on cheese and toast. I'm oddly intimated by sunny side up. I looked it up online and got the basic idea... but how I can make them perfect? Any tips?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i would put a pot lid over it so that the top and bottom cook evenly
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I add a little water and cover it. The steam cooks the top so they don't have that slime!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've heard that water trick from someone actually! I didn't see it on the sites I looked at, so I wasn't sure if that was what I needed... I think that will help!

Any other ideas, just for curiosity sake?
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have to say that I don't like the water. I think that it makes it a bit chewy. This is the only way that I like my eggs. A little butter in the pan. Break the two eggs and cook. I like them a little brown on the bottom and a little runny on the top. It has been my craving during this pregnancy. We had steak and eggs for dinner last night, yummy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Well, hmmm, maybe you're cooking them too long? I do it all the time and never once have they ever been chewy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• The water idea makes them steamed, like poached eggs, that's not sunny side up eggs. Make sure your heat is on low, then the eggs wwill cook perfectly.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011