I just started my 6 month old on baby food, but i am not sure how often i should be feeding it to him--I know to wait about a week between different foods, but once I start on one, do i feed it to him each night? every other night? I feel clueless!!Answer Question
Answer by armywife43 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2008
Answer by ReachtotheStars at 8:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2008
I just started my daughter on Stage 1 foods about a week ago. She'll be 6months on the 20th. At 4months, we started her on the cereal. Right now, we feed her the stage 1 pears once a day at dinner time. Half the jar/bowl, then milk. I was told to put it in her bottle, but I didn't like that idea too much. Since it has been a week, I'll start bananas tonight. I think its really up to you how you do it, just as long as you don't overdo it. I think once a day will suffice starting out.
Answer by MzMommyDiva at 8:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2008
Answer by Kennadismom at 8:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2008
Answer by krockwell at 9:20 PM on Nov. 14, 2008
Answer by gwood at 10:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008
My doctor had us go a bit slower than gwood's doctor did. She said to do this, starting at 5.5 months:
1. For 2-3 weeks to start out, give him rice cereal or oatmeal 1-2x per day for 1-2 weeks.
2. Then Stage 1 food from 6-7 months, 1-2 meals per day, each different item being offered for 4 days before offering the next different item.
3. At 7-8 months, go to Stage 2 foods and go to 2-3 meals per day. Meats can be included after 7 months.
4. From 8-9 months do Stage 3 foods and feed 3 meals per day. You can use the Gerber Graduates melting foods at this point, too. (She said that. I don't like them so won't be using them)
5. 9 months - start introducing table foods.
Throughout this, stay on 18-22 oz formula/breastmilk per day.
Answer by Avarah at 12:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2008
Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 2:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008
Answer by blueeyes71883 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2008
Next question in Babies (0-12 months)
my 4 month old fights her sleep every night HELP!!