Women put themselves in a rape situation

This is what I hear a lot of people say. That it is mostly the women's fault for hanging with bad people and not knowing how to defend herself. I once over heard two women talking about this. It was at work while I big rape case was going on where I lived. They said she deserved what she got since she was blinded to how the guy really was and women deserve to be raped if they are going to be stupid and not pay attention to their surrounding and the people they hang with.
What are your thought and feelings on those statements?
I wanted to go over and give them a piece of my mind but if I did was sure to lose my job since one of them was sleeping with the manager.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• people who think women deserved to be raped need a good lesson in life. women are not programmed with rape radar, and a lot of times a close friend or boyfriend does it, someone who has earned your trust over time.

that's really sick for someone to say. children get raped, are we going to start blaming them for it? this is just ridiculous and disgusting. (not you, the bitches who said that)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• THat's bullsh*t. No one deserves to be raped. Yes, women do need to make better decisions about the kind of people and guys she meets but that doens't meant she deserves to be raped.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• anyone can commit rape. even your best friend can rape you. it's no one's fault but the rapists. they have this sickness. no woman is ever at fault for being raped
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Only a woman that has never been in that situation would say such a thing.. Some men do not take NO as meaning no.. It doesn't have to be violent to be rape. Just saying...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Absolute bullshit. WTF is wrong with people? Do items on store shelves deserve to be stolen, cause they were looking all attractive and hanging out with the wrong crowd?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Ridiculous.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I would have flipped out and lost my job....No woman diserves that. I was raped and it was by a family friend I grew up around and went to church with every sunday. What about a woman who gets drugged?....Or it was a family member? What idiots to think that women diserve that....Let them get raped and see how they feel about it then...they will just run to the cops about it. What a joke...
    Anonymous

• F*** my job! I would go beat the shit out of those women and who ever says the BS! As a rape survivor I did not put myself it that situation and deserve it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Bull crap!! I would have lost my job, NO woman deserves to be raped.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• and yes what about children who get raped or even men who get raped. jeffery dahmer raped, killed, and ate 17 men and boys. was it their fault. did they put themselves in that situation. were they asking for it...no, the were victims of a psycho
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011