Is breast feeding better then bottle feeding?

I'm curious because i plan on having another child after i get married this yr

mommy2destinee

Asked by mommy2destinee at 4:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• well, both gove you baby the proper nutrician, both help them grow, both have benefits and both have downsides. i have heard that wither one is more convienient from different people. but personally i always choose breastfeeding because formula cant give your baby antibodies, formula doesnt know when you are getting a cold and doesnt change to give your baby the immunity to that cold.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• For me breastfeeding is better than bottle feeding. You never have to warm the bottle. You never have to worry about going to the store to get formula. It is free, if you can not get WIC, formula costs a lot of money. It also leaves more room in the diaper bag. No bottles of formula to worry about. The only frustrations are when baby bites, and if she gets hungry in the car. There are times that she will not eat before we leave and she will have to cry. But breastfeeding is not for everyone. Some people find bottle feeding better and easier. To each his own. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think so in many ways.. It is easier on their system for the most part.. I breast fed one and formula fed 2 so I am not all for breast feeding LOL.... It was easier once I got the hang of it and cheaper too :)

I do think that as long as the baby is growing and doing well, all that really matters is that the baby is being fed.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Obviously, I am not one of those people who say, at least the baby is fed, I feel like baby deserves best and there is no doubt about it, breast is best.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• thanks ladies you all where very helpful:)
    mommy2destinee

Comment by mommy2destinee (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Breast is best, but if for some reason or another that can't or doesn't happen, bottle feeding is better than starving them.
    Anonymous

• wow, why did I get a down vote LOL.. Must not have like my comment about as long as the baby is being fed.. Oh well, can't please them all... Still rings true.. the important thing is a baby is BEING fed and cared for..

How a mother decides to feed her child is her choice and I will not put anyone down for it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• How you decide to feed your child is a personal choice. Yes, it is said that breastmilk is the best, but it is YOUR choice. If you choose not to do so, no one has the right to criticize you for that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Whether the breast is the bottle or the bottle is the bottle doesn't matter. It's the content that they're ingesting that is important. Yes, breastmilk is better then formula, even though formula is a milk based product. Formula is not as directly nutricious as breastmilk, due to breastmilk coming straight from the mother. However, if you're breastfeeding it doesn't matter if you pump or your breast is the bottle as long as they're getting breastmilk.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• breast fed is better
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011