My grandson who just turned three went potty himself and had the toilet lid fall on him any advice?

I never had this with my own two boys and my daughter-in-law needs help should she take him to the er or just use an ice pack??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Er... it depends on how bad it looks. If there's a gash, I'd say to take him in. If using an ice pack (wrapped in a towel, of course, so as not to burn him..) doesn't make any swelling go down, I'd take him in, too. I don't know that it's an ER worthy visit, but you might have her make an appointment to be seen by his pediatrician.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 9:07 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• ER girl. Don't take any chances. But I bet he won't go potty for a while. Poor guy
    godservant

Answer by godservant at 11:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Take him to the ER and stop comming on here for advice when NO ONE IS A DOCTOR! He needs to be seen face to face with a Doctor. Geesh people gets to me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• If he is afraid to use the potty after this, go to the hardware store and get a new toilet seat that does not have a lid. The kind that's a seat ONLY - like you find in public bathrooms. Then, let him help remove the old seat/lid combo and let him help install the new one.
    I know they don't look as nice but it's only temporary. Once he is fully trained and this scare is forgotten, you can put the other seat back.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• ER? i'd say make an appointment with his pediatrician....unless. its bleeding and swollen..then yes go to the ER!
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 12:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2008