At what age will you know your babies true eye color?

EliannasMama

Asked by EliannasMama at 4:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest was born with dark brown eyes and they never changed. My youngest was born with dark blue/gray eyes and they changed back and froth from blue to green to brown and back to blue and so on until she was almost two and now they are brown.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• my pediatrician told me 18 months. but ive heard 9 months and 15 months, so im not really sure. my oldest two had slate eyes at birth and changed to blue in infancy and stayed blue. but my youngest had dark eyes at birth and they've changed to all kinds of colors during infancy and now at 12 months i dont even know what color they are! i think they're trying to turn brown but havent decided yet.. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes. By 18 months. Of course, as you age your eyes can continue to change in color. Mine were dark brown for many years. As I got into my late teens they started to get lighter and turn green.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Everything I read on this says they can continue to change up until the age of 2. Some say even after that some kids eyes change, but for the most part the color they are at 2 is what they will be.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've heard that they can change up until age 2.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i was told 12 months but it could be 18
    mommy10282010

Answer by mommy10282010 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Thank You Everyone!!
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My child's eye color changed from bright blue to green at age 3 or 4.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 5:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I was told that if they are going to change color, it will probably happen within the first 6 months-1 year. My son's eyes were deep blue when he was born, changed to a real bright blue, and now he is 18 months and they are like a grayish blue.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2011