Would you be ok with your s/o being close friends with another female?

What about going out to lunch or calling & texting frequently? As for me i would not be ok with it unless it were someone we both knew & went to see together.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope. Don't get me wrong, I trust my hubby. But, IMO that's just opening the door for possible trouble. Plus I know he wouldn't like me talking, Texting or going out with a male friend only i knew..... If the door can't swing both ways, it shouldn't be opened
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• that kind of close, no. even if its a mutual friend, we're married and i dont see that kind of relationship appropriate. i am not the jealous type, my husband has plenty of 'girl friends' that he hugs and stuff and that doesn't bother me. but texting often and having lunch just the two of them would not set right with me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yeah, he has a number of female friends...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My husband has a femail work friend but I am not at all threatened by her. She is newly engaged, they both work with her fiance too. The couple has been to my house and babysat our kids. I like her too, but she's DH's friend really. I'm totally ok with it. If she were smoking hot and single, maybe I would not feel that way, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My husband does have a lot of female friends and at first it bothered me but he is one of the only guys who works in a department store. He does go out to lunch with some of them but he always tells me when he gets home from work.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Sure, my husband has several female friends and he frequently goes to lunch with them. He has a few that he does text and will go to lunch with a few times a month. It's no big deal for me, but we have a less than typical relationship with a whole lot of trust and openness.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No thanks unless its a family member or old freind
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't care, unless he was hiding it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No he can't, but it's not that I don't trust him, it's just that he's an idiot when it comes to women. He is openly friendly with everyone and some women in the past have taken it as interest despite his being happily married. It's caused some major problems in our marriage. Even he realized that because he's blind to flirting he has to maintain distance.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 4:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, I would not. And he would not be ok with me being friends with a guy, either.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011