Prenatal vitamins?

Do prenatal vitamins help ttc??

Liblib430

Asked by Liblib430 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• folic acid is a good thing to take when TTC
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 4:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't necessarily think they help with conceiving but you should definitely begin them about a month before trying. I have also read some things about raspberry leaf and B6 helping with the lining of the uterus. Good luck!
    lybra975

Answer by lybra975 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Prenatal vitamins are what you take during a pregnancy to give you the additional vitamins for you and your growing baby. Folic acid is a vitamin that you should be taking before you even get pregnant. It is advised that you start taking folic acid a few months before getting pregnant to decrease your chances of having a baby with spina bifeda and other spinal/brain defects.

As for these 'helping' you to get pregnant, that is not what they do. They don't aid with TTC at all but there are supplements that you CAN take to help with fertility. My DH and I take Maca (in capsule form) to help with his and my fertility and I do believe that it helps as just 3 months after being on it, we did get pregnant.
    I have also read online about Fertilaid as a fertility supplement for men and women. It is something to look into as well.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 7:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My Dr. told me to start taking prenatals while TTC.
    whitefamily

Answer by whitefamily at 7:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It doesn't increase your fertility, but gives you better chances on having a very healthy baby! It prepares your body for those big hormonal changes you'll be having once the pregnancy starts.
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 4:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• My doctor told me to take prenatal vitamins.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 5:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have read that alot lately and I just started taking them myself and also soy
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 5:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My doctor told me to take the prenatal vitamins when we were ready to start TTC and continue taking them all the way through each pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I now have two little boys - one is 16 months and one is 2 months old. I am still taking the prenatal Vitamins since I am breastfeeding. They help you have the vitamins you need and the baby need during pregnancy and breastfeeding since the baby needs his or her vitamins and will take them from you during the pregnancy if you don't give it what it needs. Good luck..
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2011