How has your taste in food changed over the years?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 4:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Food & Drink

• As you age your taste buds change. It's natural to like new things and to start not liking or hating your choices you made when you were younger. I see it with my kids. The more I also expose them to they eventually like it. For example, my 14 yo daughter loves caviar and sushi. My 12 yo son just discovered last summer he loves sushi. Both kids love indian, ethiopian, brazilian, cuban, morraccan, and middle eastern cuisines.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• my eating became much more diverse as a young adult. My mom was one of those moms that cooked the same 10 things my whole life.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Much more diverse and I will experiment more now than when I was younger. But I am exposed to a lot more now because of traveling, and seeing more types of food.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes. I've always been pretty experimental with food but never liked spicy foods and now I love spicy food. I also used to hate coconut and now I like it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I no longer like sweets as much as I did, I like rare steaks less and less.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Like But_mommie, my mom had a small repertoire of things that she made over and over....part of it I think is that there wasn't as much variety available when I grew up, especially in the small town I grew up in. Over the years, I've become pretty adventurous in the things I will try. I love all kinds of food, although life might be easier if I was a picky eater (easier on my weight)
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yes as I get older my taste for certain foods changes. I try to eat more healthier fruits, veggies, and drink plenty of water.
    free1

Answer by free1 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I used to think McDonalds was good. I dont anymore.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• What is your ideal weight Goal?
    free1

Answer by free1 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• The removal of my gall bladder helped w/ my dietary changes. No more greasy food ( that's a good thing tho! -:) No more spicy foods. (which sucks!) Still have my sweet tooth tho! (which also sucks! :p) I'm hoping for the veggie cravings to kick in any day now tho! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2011