how has practice on a friday night?

okay my nephew has basketball practice on tue and fri nites. and since his parents work 12hr shifts at the hospital i am usally the one that takes him. (family babysitter) i dont mind, it just makes it hard to plan stuff with my kids. i like to take them out to eat on fridays like a treat. i dont mind taking my niece and nephew they go with us all the time everywhere. but we have to be done by 630 to get him to practice at 7. and that sucks. so is it just me or is it a weird time to have practice?

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son has not only had practice on Friday nights, practice on Sat and Sun afternoons, not to mention all the games at crazy times. A coach or league cannot please everyone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yeah, tough time to have a practice but it probably is when the coach has the time.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We have a friend who's son has basketbatll practice Friday night. I thought it was strange too.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My daughter has Cheer practice at 8pm on Fridays so I know how hard it can be to plan or do anything, we also practice on Mon. and Wed. but those days are at 6pm
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 4:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yeah its a weird time for practice. But sometimes it nice to help others. Look at from the long point of view. You helping them right now..WIll be lots of rewards to your life. Just think how your nephew will fell when he grows up and remember that his aunt would do so much for him. Sometimes if we live in the moment it affects us. It is a hard question. I hope you find the answer your looking for. Its sometimes hard to wonder why you do so much..But if you really think about it......It will all be ok. And someday when you need help, someone will be there to help you, just like you are doing now..Kind of like you get what you deserve kinda thing..And hey its completely normal to feel that you want more time with your kids. Im sure your sister or brother who works, would want the same too...But has her job in the way. Im sure they wonder what if i took the day off to be with the kids, but then the money thing.
    famsantiz

Answer by famsantiz at 5:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hey sorry bout that. I dont know you or anything but your a great lady to help so much,.... I would love some help from my family sometimes. SO im saying thanks for your sister or brother..take care..
    famsantiz

Answer by famsantiz at 5:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• thanks famsantiz i am so blessed that i get to spend so much time with my family. when i was little my mom went to everything! in elementary it was cool to have her there all the time, in middle school it was ok cause she was doing the parent volunteer thing, in high school everyone was like "ur so lucky that ur mom is always here for u." i always took it for granted that she made time for me. it wasnt until i saw the look on my niece and nephew faces when she was there for them. especially my nephew who is so shy. when he would look up in the stands and see her give him a thumbs up his face would light up so big! it gave him the confidence he needed. so when she couldnt be there anymore i took her place. and i know they love having me there. on the rare occasion that i cant be at a game, they call/text send pics of all the action and how the game went.
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• When i was a kid we had practice after school or on the weekends.
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2011