Getting married 7 weeks after my due date, what do I do??

I already have my dress because we were supposed to get married September of 2010. But due to financial difficulties we had to put the wedding off til September 2011, and now that I found out im pregnant we put it off til October 2011. My dress has a corset back so its pretty "flexible" but I am also thinking I can get it altered to make it a little bigger if need be too. BUT my question is, Not knowing how much weight ppl normally gain do you think its a good idea to stick with the dress or should i look for a new dress??

Dress can be found at:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-line-halter-with-split-front-9T9218_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

Mine is white with an apple red sash.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

kenzy715

Asked by kenzy715 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's hard to say! Some women gain tons of weight and others only gain baby weight. I pretty much only gained baby/water weight so i had lost it all and a little extra 5 weeks after giving birth. I also nursed which helps to burn extra calories. Your dress is gorgeous and seems like it'd be very flattering. Might consider getting a back-up though! Good luck and congrats on the baby and wedding!!!!!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-A-line-halter-with-split-front-9T9218_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Size-Plus-Sizes

Beautiful dress!  That design is very forgiving!  I would keep the same dress but be very careful with your diet while pregnant .  Eat only healthy things and you will probably be able to get back to a pre pregnancy weight fast after the baby.  GL!!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You have a lot of time between now and then. I'd say wait and see how much weight you gain your last couple of months then decide if you need a new dress. I went out and bought maternity pants a size up from where I thought I was at 10 weeks because my pants with buttons were already getting uncomfortable. But at 25 weeks I still don't fill them in. I have a belly but my hips aren't any bigger and I have only gained 6 pounds.

Hold on to your dress for now.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hey if you have to alter it its okay. Dont look for a new one. And congrats on the baby. You must be excited..I am for you..Anyways...I think its great, and hey you can always wear a gurtle after the baby, and if you breast feed the baby alot of the baby fat will be gone in a month. SO lots of walking, and trust me, you will with the little one. And instead of soda, drink a glass of tea or milk, help burn fat more while breast feeding..Good luck and hope you find the answer your looking for>>take care
    famsantiz

Answer by famsantiz at 5:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2011