Christians Is plastic surgery a sin?

I have never been happy with my boobs, I feel cheated that I don't have cleavage. I also breast fed my daughter so they aren't empty flat sacks but they aren't as perky I want my boobs done. Is this sinful according to God?

I have asked God to help me not to care what I looked like, then it turns out I got depressed and really didn't care what I looked like. No makeup hair would go unbrushed cause who cares right? When I breastfed I have C's and I LOVED THEM! My husband had never seen me so happy. Now I'm not going to go crazy with plastic surgery but I thatnk you ladies for helping me figure out I can have boobs and God isn't gonna send me to hell for it :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Plastic surgery was invented long after the bible or the 7 deadly sins. But if you want to be a stickler you could categorize it under Envy or Pride.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• As I said in the piercing or tattoo question, it depends on how you look at it. In strict Christian Denoms even lipstick is considered a sin. In others plastic surgery is perfectly fine. I would say if you are a part of one of the stricter forms of the faith where it would be a sin you would know. But if you are wondering, talk to your priest.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Good question! If you believe that your body is the "temple of God" then maybe, since we are not to defile the temple. Personally, I would say that God wants you to be happy. Good luck with your decision.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I know this is a very personal decision, but to me, any unnecessary surgery just isnt worth the risk. You can go to Victoria Secret to get a good push-up bra & save yourself the expense & suffering. I think it should be reserved for those disfigured thru illness or injury. This society needs to appreciate the aging process & value our elders- not treat the whole ordeal like the plague! God blessed you with a body to nurish the child(ren) that HE blessed you with as well. Pray on it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I hate my boobs! YOu can take them if you want... I personally want a reduction cause my boobs hurt my back, I know alots of women at my old church ( I moved so I go to the one closer) that got there boobs,lips and tummy done. MY aunt just got a tummy tuck I don't think its wrong you just want to feel comfortable
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I dont know you or anything..But i believe that God made you the way you are for a purpose. Instead of being upset about the way you look. Embrace it...We have one life..Thats all he gives us. I wish i could help you really i do..But all i can say is hey your are beautiful just the way you are. I used to feel that i wanted a breast reduction. Then one day God changed that feeling. We cant change them it is a sin. But hey we learn to work with what we Got. And be thankful we have it. Millions of people die from breast cancer everyday. And 39 percent of them say to themselves why did i get this boob job. Its a fake material your putting inisde you. Its scary(always has side affects) so good luck with finding your answer, and take care(just remember to tell yourself everyday that you are a beautiful women) helps boost self esteem...
    famsantiz

Answer by famsantiz at 5:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Like I said on the other post about tattoos. God cares about the inside, not the outside. Decorate your temple.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think plastic surgery is fine. They key though, like most things, is using wisdom and moderation.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think its fine whats wrong with making your "temple" pretty =)

Anonymous

• The issue is a little deeper for you. I encourage you not to do plastic surgery but to ask God to give YOU a different perspective of yourself. Ask Him to change how you see your breasts and believe me He will.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011