Potty training my 3YO

My daughter will be 3 in four weeks. She was ready to potty train over a year ago but I was lazy and didn't go with it. Now she doesn't want to! We have a 10 week old baby and I need the oldest out of diapers. She's so stubborn! Any advice? She used her last diaper yesterday so we are in Pull-Ups now.

weberbaby

Asked by weberbaby at 5:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have her pick out underwear and put her in it while at home. ask her every 15mins if she gotta go, put her on potty even if she says no. reward her when she does go.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Go straight to "big girl" panties. Pull Ups feel too much like diapers. Have her pick some out. It will be messy but she'll quickly learn that she doesn't like it and will use the potty. We used a potty chart and my dd got a sticker to put on the chart every time she went. We also got a bag of miniature chocolates (some people use M&M's as well) as a reward. She had maybe 1 1/2 bad days and since then it's been great! Our situation was similar to yours. She was a couple months from being 3 when we started her. We waited 1) because we had just moved and wanted to transition slowly, and 20 like you, she was ready a year before but we weren't, Hope that helped! Good luck :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• that's supposed to be 2) like you..
    kittieashy