For those that use the seeds from fruit/veggies that they've eaten to garden with....

I know you have to dry the seeds out before you use them, but is there a certain amount of time they have to be "dried" before they can actually be planted?
Thanks in advance!

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 5:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I just let them completely dry. I guess a couple weeks. Depends on how big they are.
    People buying all these packs of seeds. When you can just buy a fresh fruit or vegies and use the seeds from them.

Answer by louise2 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I just leave them out in an open container and let them sit till they are completely dry. There is no set time. They all dry at their own pace. And, in all actuality, in the summer, you really don't have to dry them before you plant them. Drying is more for preservation. They will sprout faster if they don't have to wait to soften up again. :)
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011