How much actual "taking care" of your husband do you do?

I am not a good care giver of my husband, he does his own laundry, he washes dishes, I just don't really take care of him, he is an adult. I have a full time job and 2 kids to take care of, he manages just fine and knows I love him, but I cannot and will not do everything.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• my SO does the dishes, sweeps, vacuums.. we separate the chores but i do all the laundry and i do the bedrooms because i am extremely picky about how our rooms look.
    BrandonBearsMom

Answer by BrandonBearsMom at 5:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I can & only will speak in regards to my husband/myself/our marriage.

We "take care of" each other. We both do things for each other that fall in the realm of "taking care of" one another. Our idea of taking care of one another has nothing to do with: doing laundry, cooking dinner, cleaning house..etc.. Those things have to be done, they need to be done, no matter who does them, or when, they have to be done. Those are not extra little things done, just for one another, just as a caring gesture, just to pamper or help.

For us, and what we do.Taking care of one another is things like (and yes these are some of the things we do. on a regular basis): I'll run a bath after work for my husband after he has had a long day. I will sit and listen to him vent about his day during this time. He'll tuck me into bed if I'm tired and ready to go to bed. He'll walk to the store at 1am in the snow and get me chocolate if I want it.
    Cont
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If he falls asleep on the couch watching something. I will wake him up, put him to bed and make sure he's tucked in for the night. If one of us wants to do something special, we make time in our day/schedule to do it. If one of us sees something when out and about that just "screams" he/she has to have this, then there is a surprise given that day. We give each other massages on a regular basis. I will do his hair for him (comb it out, pull it up, and wrap his turban) sometimes, because he likes it and it makes him feel good.

These are the types of things we do for one another that we consider 'Taking care of" one another. Like I stated earlier. Household chores, cooking, etc. Those things aren't special to us. Those are things that have to be done, must be done, and will be done regardless. It's the little things we do for one another that are special and how we take care of one another.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think it's different because you have a full time job. I'm home all day. I feel like we take care of each other. He brings home the paycheck, he also maintains our cars and keeps them full of gas, does any yard work, does household maintenance.

I cook for him, pack him a lunch, do his laundry, basically all of the other household stuff.

I think we have an equal division of labor....and it sounds like you do as well....just a different division.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'd say it's a two way street with us. We both take care of each other. :)
    janeosborne

Answer by janeosborne at 5:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• way toooooo much
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. I am a SAHM, so it does not bother me. When I was working, we split chores.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We both work, we both go to school, and we have two kids under two! sooo....I clean up most of the time he helps do big cleaning on weekends! He helps with the kids...we rotate who does night feedings! and I cook and serve him and the kids food, bring him his drink, and do his laundry!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Whatever he wants! But he will not control my every move.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Wow you sound like a great wife....
    .
    anyway we take care of each other.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 5:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011