Sooo confused!! Another ovulation question :)

I just had a CP that ended on 1/8. It began with very light spotting and mild cramps for the first 2 days. Beginning on 1/10 was when i would see the clot in the am but then the dark brown spotting on a pad and the occasional cramps. This continued until 1/21. That last day I was having major pains on my right side (maybe my ovary) into my hip. Also had a lot of CM the consistency of sticky glue but very stretchy. On 1/22 I took my first OPK and there was a line but not as dark as the control line. My DH and I bd'd that evening since I was finally not spotting. The CM continued until 1/24 in in mass quantities lol and we bd'd again that evening. Since that first OPK the line has become almost non existent. So now I'm wondering...did I O my last day of spotting?? Can that happen? And I'm not even sure if I should count the first 2 days since the spotting was barely there. For me that would be extremely early since i normally O on cd 19-20. I'm hoping that is the case and that the timing was good :)

lybra975

Asked by lybra975 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Hello. I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had a miscarriage on January 6th.

And now to your question...

You CAN ovulate right away as long as your HCG has returned to less than 5 which is considered normal range for non-pregnant women. That being said I also had SEVERAL days of Egg White Cervical Mucus after my bleeding ended (7 days post-miscarriage) that was NOT a sign of ovulation.

I am now 22 days post-miscarriage and still haven't ovulated but my body has been showing signs of attempting to ovulate(random patches of fertile mucus, cramping on one side, etc) for the past week so I expect it any day now.

Good luck! Keep an eye on your CM incase it was just a result of the miscarriage and not fertile CM like mine was.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You cannot count the spotting days as cycle days. But since your cycle has been disrupted by a miscarriage it is hard to follow your timeline based on OPKs alone. Having said that, it is possible to ovulate soon after a miscarriage and to conceive right away.
    good luck
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• good luck
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 5:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011