Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What type of help can a single mother or young mother recieve?

Im googling to see the type of help i can receive im 19 yrs old , not in school (at the moment) and not working just had my baby 10 days ago

Answer Question

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 12 (663 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • It all depends on your income. WIC (women, infant & children) have a pretty high income scale so you'd probably qualify for that. Not sure about food stamps or housing. You'd have to check out your states website.
    Good luck!
    Oh! And congrats! Hope you and baby are doing well!

    Answer by cheekycherub at 5:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • Depending on where you are living or who you are living with you could qualify for TANF. Check with your state. It varies so much between states.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 5:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • Go to your state's website and search for information

    Answer by elizabr at 7:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • Congratulations! Like the other posters said if your not already on WIC apply for it. Go to your DSHS and apply for food stamps, TANF, and housing. You might qualify, it never hurts to try. If your planning on going back to school or work try applying for daycare help. Fill out you financial aid IF you are going to school. Most likely you'll get help. GL!

    Answer by myree85 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

  • Why didn't you figure our financing before choosing to become a mother?

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.