How much did you spend on baby furniture???

So the reason I am asking is because I found all the baby furniture I want The crib,stroller/car seat,dresser,changing table,bouncer,playmat/gym,newborn lounger,baby carrier,glider combo,laundry hamper,and breast pump is all about $3320.Its all from babies r us.I want everything brand new no walmart stuff all name brand babies r us stuff bc its my first child!! everyone is calling me dumb and saying I should go to walmart bc babies r us isnt worth it.........Where did everyone go for their furniture?????

PrincessTierra

Asked by PrincessTierra at 5:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Shopping

• I would price all of that stuff separately and see if it's a good deal. I bought my baby furniture at Baby Depot in Burlington Coat Factory back in 2003.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Are you having a baby shower? Register for what you want. See how much you get, you might not have to buy all that much. I think it's easiest to shop at Babies R Us.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I am going to have two baby showers so hopefully I get the stuff I want but at the same time I want everything to be perfect and the easiest way to have everything to perfect is to maintain control bc I want the nursery to be perfect for the baby.
    PrincessTierra

Comment by PrincessTierra (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Well, Walmart doesn't sell USED items.  I don't think that you are dumb for wanting EVERYTHING but I do think maybe post a question to the other moms here about what you actually need and don't need would be beneficial. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I know Walmart doesn't sell used items but at the same time I don't want walmart stuff I think Babies r us stuff is better made and would last longer then Walmarts stuff.
    PrincessTierra

Comment by PrincessTierra (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Have you furnished a room before with Babies R Us furniture?  Take a poll and see who likes what more.  That's a fun way to get answers.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• The crib and changing table/dresser I got from IKEA for about $300 total for both pieces. The crib is one of the recommended cribs tested by Consumer Reports. We have another dresser and the rocking chair and matching armchair came from my husband's side of the family. My husband had the dresser when he was a boy and it was made by someone in his family. The chairs, my MIL remembers from her grandmother's house. Most of the other stuff we got at Babies R Us or Target. The stroller we got at REI.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Oh and the crib mattress I bought online because it's organic. And the bedding I also bought online. Though the only part of the bedding we've used is the sheet and crib skirt.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Honestly, you're going overboard with the whole idea. The baby isn't going to care what kind of furniture it has or what the set up in the room is like. I'd get over the "I want everything to be perfect" mentality; having a child will soon teach you that you have to let things slide here and there. The only thing I bought when my first was born was a crib and a glider rocker. I had a regular bed in the room and used that as a changing table. Even though I had the $, I just couldn't see spending it to do a baby's room. Once my child reached toddler age, I invested in grown up furniture and decor that was more than well suited for a child's room but transitioned very easily to a teen and then young adult room by switching out the accessories. Like everything else nowadays, people go way overboard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• y sister i pregnan with her first baby and is doing the same thing. I talked her into doing a few things at Target because Babies RUs is not near us for people that are older etc. Well she registered her troller/car sear combo at both places I dont know why she insists Its best ay babiesRUs but I think she is being a snobby brat. When I checked the listt and believe me she had many items well over $200 (tacky in my opinion) anyhow Target had the things way cheaper. I got the stroller delivered to my home from online for $60 less!
    I dont want to sound mean to you but you are asking opinions. Stop thinking of your self and think of everyone who has to buy this expensive stuff! I dont mind for my nephew but if it was just a friend I would just go somewhere else and buy an outfiit because I cant afford it. I mean this is my sister doing the same thing and I think she is wrong,
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011