I WAS going to generously drop my kids off to there father...........

because he hasn't seen them in OVER TWO WEEKS! So I called him and he enforms me he's going out tonight, but he'll be back to see the kids.....by the time he gets back they will be sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And tomorrow i'm picking them up early because it's our daughters FIRST birthday!!!!!!! WHAT KIND OF FATHER IS HE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

needless to say i'm not dropping them off tonight, because what's the point, he's not going to see them?!!?!?!? i could spit fire and nails right now im so mad.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Did he know you were planning on dropping them off before he made his plans? If so then that seems like an odd time to decide to go out...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes! he knew as of yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMETIMES I WANT TO SHOOT HIM!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Are you mad because he ruined the plans you had made? I wouldn't be mad. Hopefully him not seeing his kids doesn't become a habit. If it happens to become a habit I hope he regrets it later on in life for all those times he had a chance to spend time with them but didn't.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I'm mad because it's been two weeks, he knew I was dropping the kids off, yet he still makes plans even when his kids miss him and want to see there dad. He's SELFISH! And this is a habit. EVERy weekend he gets our kids he goes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every single time! he rarely spends time with them even when he has them, he pawns them off on his mother.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• There was another question similar to this that I answered a long time ago, and I answered wrong.  After I had time to actually give it some decent thought I had a completely different opinion.  I won't make that mistake on this question, lol.  This is what I came up with, you have every right to be pissed.  He is being irresponsible and it sucks but that is what he has obviously chosen to do.  I agree, what is the point in dropping them off over there.  Do you want them and his mom to spend time together? 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I didn't have sex with his mother, I was going to drop my kids off so my daughters can spend time with there DAD!!!!!!! It's horrible, over two damn weeks and he STILL made plans to go out?! W T F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to chop his stupid head off right now. They only call when it's convienent to them, they only want to see them when its convienent to them. it's BS! i dont even want him to be at her birthday party tomorrow, but i know i can't tell him not to come.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• sounds like he sucks and you should move on!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• can't force him to be a father. just move on. let it go. i know it hurts because its for the kids butt can't force him to be responsible and be with his kids. the kids will not be kids forever and when they are out being teenagers or adults with lives of their own he will be the one that missed out. and when they have kids and they do not let him see them its him that will miss out. you will be alright. just hang in there. and the next time he wants to do something with the kids just say you made plans already. or if he backs out again. good luck and its hard but you have to let go of the anger. i know i have been there. can't force a man to be a father.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011