Question about sewing machines....

So I thought I had completely made up my mind about what sewing machine I wanted..up until about 3 days ago I was sure! Then I came across a sewing machine that embroiders and has a ton of accessories for a good price! My question is...should I stick with the basic BRother CS6000i, or go ahead and get the brother se 400 (its on HSN) and has a USB port for embroidery! I think being able to make personalized things for my kiddos would be awesome! Both got good reviews! I just dont know if its too much for a beginner machine! AH HELP! Thanks!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I agree with ss mom. Just make sure you will have some resources. I have two Viking embroidery machines, and I LOVE them. Mine are getting older now, they use a floppy disk, but I absolutely love them, and was a beginner sewer when I got the first one....I've learned to use all of the features, and can't tell you how much I enjoy sewing and being able to personalize my projects.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If you can afford the better one and know you will use what it offers then go for it!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Id google it first though. Sometimes you can get better deals without using HSN
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Usually it comes back into stock sooner than you think. Id call CS and see what the estimated time is. IF you can wait then have them contact you when its back
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• One caution: If you are a beginner and want to get a machine with 'special features' like embroidery, be sure it comes with either a DVD that teaches you how to use it, or classes. Or, maybe there are classes, on how to use the special features, in your area. Some of these features aren't very intuitive, so if you don't have good instructions, or aren't prepared to begin with some self-instruction w/ the manual, you may never actually put the embroidery to use.

Beyond that, if you feel that you will make good use of the extras, GO FOR IT! :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Go to the brother manufacturer website. They will have free projects to download there. Have fun!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I did lol Amazon carries it for a good bit cheaper! but its outta stock!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Yep it comes with manuals and cds! well DVDs...im soo excited..and nervous..I think im going with the embroidery machine!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2011