Hoarding

Do you ever wath Hoarders on A&E? Or Clean House on the Style channel?? I know that this is a mental problem but could you see your house getting that bad?? I love to watch those shows because it makes my house look like a palace! lol

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I like to watch Clean House while I clean. It scares me into doing a better job.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've seen it and it is so crazy. They do realize that they're house is bad and filled with stuff but since everything has an emotional meaning to them, they cannot bear to throw it away, or stop collecting. My FIL is a mild hoarder. Every material thing is special to him. My MIL has to sneak things into the garbage and sometimes he catches her and brings it back in the house. Its horrible for everyone involved. He's not even close to being as bad as the people on the show though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I watch Hoarders. I understand that it is a mental issue too, but alot of the me I would like to reach thru the TV and smack the people! We also watch Animal Hoarders, I think it is on Animal Planet. It is crazy.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I love Hoarders, but I always make an effort to clean my house before watching. Sometimes I can feel the bugs and criteers, and dirt crawling on me. oh god! My boyfriends mom is a hoarder. It is very sad...her home is filled top to bottom, she has 3 storage units, and has filled up part of our garage. So sad. It is not my place to talk to her about it, and their family totally ignores it.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Hoarding "stuff" is one thing, but people hoarding rotting food and garbage, and stuff like that - ew. That show grosses me out.
    Anonymous

• Can't watch them. Reminds me of my mother.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I'm a hoarder but nothing like that. I live in a small apt so have to keep it all organized and put it bc they do annual inspections here. I have to appear "normal". lol
    Anonymous

• It's not in my nature to hoard things. If I haven't worn it or used for a while, I get rid of it.
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2011