Leg Cramping in early pregnancy

Im about 4-5 weeks pregnant and ive been having leg cramps. First it was in my calves and shins but today it was in my inner thigh. is this normal? I am a lil anemic (which usally causes me RLS<-restless leg syndrome but only at night time not during the day)Has anyone else gotten these kind of cramps ? what did u do for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I definitley had them earlier more than i do now. You must make sure your fluid levels are up up up. It makes a huge difference. Being anemic doesn't help I know but take your vitamins and make sure you are getting good fiber, iron, and potassium to help with the cramping. Are you n your feet a lot during the day? If so you might want to ask your doctor if you should get some support stockings to help, I know they aren't flattering but they can really help. When you do cramp up, sit down, put your feet up, and get some water in you. One thing I do to help is get some lotion with mint in it and massage it into the cramp, it really helps me.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 11:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011