my 4yr old and eating

we made goulash.she claims she dont like it before she even trys it well with every food she says she dont like it before she trys it.well she trys a small pigeon size bite smaller than what a lil baby would eat.not enough to even taste it well she says she wants circle spaghetti o's ....her dad tells her no..she needs to eat what we made.does anyone elses 4yr old do this?if so do you cave and give them what they want or stick it out and if they get hungry enough theyll eat it.

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 6:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Stick it out. If she eats, fine. If not, don't worry. She will not starve. Take all the anger and frustration out of meal time. We jumped through hoops for our youngest and it was a huge mistake. Hang tough. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Unless she is not feeling well, I stick it out -- But I also always include atleast one thing that she likes. I usually get her to try things by telling her that I have never tried it either and we can do it together! She loves giving me a bite at the same time I give her one!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Stick it out. If she gets what she wants she won't do anything you ask for. If she doesn't eat something than don't give her any other food. I usually put more than my 6-y-old can eat. She knows she has to eat some of her food. When she ate some of the food and she tells she want dessert I half of the food left in her plate and tell her she has to eat that much to get her dessert. If she doesn't eat it, she won't get any treats. It works properly. We played the but I don't like it games two times. I told to her she doesn't have to eat what is in front of her. But no dessert and if she will be hungry later she can come down and eat something but that something will be exactly the same dinner. After the second time she left the table and got hungry and had to eat the same food I offered for dinner now she eats her dinner for the first time. She is not rude and she knows I don1t ask anything she can't do. GL:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2011