how much does an average adoption cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Adoption

• what kind? (domestic/international.... adgency or not?) they vary greatly!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• my friend is looking into agencies...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• It can be free/minimal fees for foster care up to $50K for domestic and international. It depends on a lot of factors. There is no good answer to this question unless your friend has a route they are interested in..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Sadly, it will "cost" the lifetime of the Mother and her child:( Having stated that fact...I love mcqinnisc's reply:) Blessings, CJ
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• get real info about that bump
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• she lives about two hours away from me and right now being a full time student who just had and kept my second child. I really feel like i only know a little bit from conversations through texts and online. I know she is the type that never wanted to children (a lot of girls i know have said that but she is the only one i've ever met to be serious). she is with the father and he is on board for adoption as well.. they are going through an adoption agency where they live in Nebraska. she would like to get her tubes tied afterwards... thats how much she really never wants to have children. .. she is 19 weeks along right now and is going to meet with the agency this next week... I know she has a lot of debt with schooling and a stupid we will call "accident" ... so what i know is adoptive parents pay in some cases pay a lot ... does the birth parent get anything? would they pay for her to get her tubes tied afterwards? idk ..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Too much! If you interested in pursuing an adoption, please make sure you join my group here on CM M.A.M.A. (Making Adoption More Affordable). We can help point you in the right direction!
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 7:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• thanks!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2011