His report card was held?

I was hoping to get my son's first report card today, but a letter from the teacher said she was holding the report card for our teacher/parent conference. Is this normal? Or should I be worried? He's in Kindergarten, no preschool, and he can read and so far seems to behave well. But still.....

McGregor

Asked by McGregor at 7:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I had my child in a school that did this in Kindergarten and what it is the teacher wanted to go over what each grade was and meant, what area's my child excelled in and what area's that she needed to work on. :-)  I wouldn't worry, it could just be the teacher wants to make sure you know where your son is at.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I'm not sure, but I would definately CALL the school and ask them WTF? Is this your ploy for getting parents to come in and talk to the teacher? Why is she witholding MY childs report card? or is it ALL the kids report cards.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't think it's anything to worry about. He's just a little boy. How bad can it be? I think maybe the teacher didn't get her crap done and was late finishing it so she's making something up to get more time. My MIL is a teacher and she said the other teachers do stuff like that all the time!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008