Do you believe in buying organic food?

mamagoose524

Asked by mamagoose524 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Health

• I don't think everything you buy needs to be organic but as far as fruits and veggies I think it is important. Like carrots and grapes. If it doesn't have thick skin like oraganges then yes I buy organic I don't like the taste on regular grapes. I like the organic ones so much better.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Nope, because there is no regulations on what is considered "organic", and food companies can put a sticker on it and charge double for it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• yes and no, i dont go hippy crazy and buy only organic however something to do buy are like fuirts milk n meat.
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• credit cardtotally agree with saysha. there is no proof that it is organic. plus organic costs an arm and a boob.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I prefer to buy organic when its is possible and when the price is somewhat comparable to regular. I always buy organic milk though, regardless of price.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• If it's certified organic then yes their is proof....there are tight regulations, so for grains and such yes I get certified organic because that also means NO GMO's!

I buy organic as much as possible, including beef, poultry.....I grow a lot of my own veggies from organic seed and visit local organic farmers
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That y i like Trader Joes not everything in the store is organic but carrys foods w/out ll the perservaties and syrups and all the other junk they put in our food
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• No, it's too expensive.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• What Mom2Jack04 said.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• there are regulations, well there are in the UK anyway. that's why you get 'organic' and '100% organic', because when it's labelled just 'organic' (only) at least a certain amount of the ingredients have to be organic.

I don't really think the word 'believe' really should be the question but yes I do buy organic food when it's not too much a price increase but I don't go out and buy only organic food if I can get it non organic for much cheaper or more easily obtain the non organic food then I'll happilty buy the non organic ones.
    Anonymous