can mold affect your pregnancy?

so my water heater leaked big time when i was two months pregnant, and it flooded my hallway and out to the living room, well it got my carpet soggy at least. but after a day our house smelled like mold bad..we couldnt even ggo in the house it was so bad. but after it dried the smell went away, so i dont know if there is mold still there or not since its dried. but i have noticed my allergies are acting up real bad since then, i was taking medicine that i got from my doctor for my allergies. but i just ran out of my medicine a few days ago, so now my allergies are getting so bad that it seems like a cold but it isnt. and i have noticed my 2 yr olds nose will bleed real bad out of nowhere every onnce in a while..it has never done that until we moved here. i thought maybe it could be from the vents and the air is just too dry, and thats why his nose bleeds, and my allergies acting up so bad, but then my friend said something about the mold and i completely forgot about it. so now im worried the the baby i have in me now is affected by it, i am now 7 months pregnant we are trying to move out so we dont have to be around the mold anymore. but i dont know if its too late for that now. im goin to tell my doctor about it and see what they can do to see if the baby is ok, or if they can do anything.

hello_kitty1

Asked by hello_kitty1 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yikes, that would be a question for the doctor. I do have a feeling though that he's going to say it's not safe for you!! I would try to get out as fast as you can because you don't want to bring the baby into that. Although, your baby is in the safest spot every, your belly! ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 6:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i just dont want the baby to be hurt thats all im worried about.
    hello_kitty1

Comment by hello_kitty1 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I think your safe bet is to ask the doctor. Oh and I meant to say, safest spot ever, not every ;o) lol
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 6:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011