emotional?

I cried when my kids got really good report cards. so close to honor roll but all I expect from them is to do their best and pass with 70%. Anyone with me?

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 6:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in

• I want them to do their best which is 90 and above. If I had a child that school was a bit of a challenge , I will not set the bar so high
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 6:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't cry but am very proud when my child is doing well in school.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I expect a B average out of my 14 and he is very capable of that, if not better. He is unmotivated so that hurts him. I am proud anytime my son accomplishes something good.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes! you should be proud mama :)
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 6:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yup, my son is 4 and I cheer for everything I see him accomplishing. I told my friends I may look weird at times that I'm praising him for giving the correct names to colors but a few months ago, he could'nt do it. I'm very proud of him!
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 6:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I expect them to do their best which for my oldest daughter means all A's but for my son means B's and C's. I never expect a specific grade but I expect to see them doing their homework and studying for tests and asking for help when they need it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Why are your expectations so low? Perhaps if you expected them to be on the honor roll, they would.

The better their grades, the better their options for college and the more scholarships they will have available to them.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• my one daughter has a specific learning disability delay. she has very good high grades. she has the special education program services. She was in an emotional meltdown when she missed a honor roll certificate. My other daughter grades are high as well. All I ask of them is to do their absolute best. Reports show they are doing just than and above. I guess its because my own parents set 70% with me and my other siblings. We all had struggles in school. I do not expect my kids to get honor roll.
    diamondsarecool

Comment by diamondsarecool (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Feb. 6, 2011