is the delivery getting closer?

i am 36 weeks now and 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. 3 weeks ago,i thought i will give birth,because i was having some really bad contractions,but they stoped. now i am getting closer and don't have any contractions anymore,at all. i feel ok. i just read online that dilation starts a week or two before your due date,or actuall date that you will give birth. i am almost full term and the baby is 7 pounds now,so if i have her soon,that will be fine.
my question is: how long can it take to be 100% effaced and 4 cm dilated? am i getting closer to my due date? she is getting so big,that i can not caring her any longer.
how soon can i be going into labor?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be another week or two or a couple of hours. Hard to tell when so close to term. I hope it is soon !!!!!!!!!
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 7:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• That's up to your body and baby. I was dialated and effaced at 37 weeks and the doctors kept telling me "any day", well that wasn't the case for me. I went 11 days after my due date.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• baby giftit took me 2 days to get from 2cm to 4 ..hope it happens soon for you! Congrats mama

dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 7:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2011