• In the Spotlight:

c section 2nd time around

me & my husband r trying 2 get pregnant again. I had my daughter 2 1/2 yrs ago by c section. I remember how horrible it was. I heard the next time its not so bad. Is it true? Oh & I also heard that the scar hurts during pregnancy is that true?

ArmywifeNatasha

Asked by ArmywifeNatasha at 7:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Soory you had a bad one the first time but yes I personally prefer cesareans over natural and I have done both! You can try for a vbac if you have a bikini cut. Finally No, my scar never hurt during subsequent pregnancies.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Sorry* Typo
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... my 5 year old and 3 year olds were CSection... was told I had a chance to have my last one naturally but my body didn't agree?!?! Well, I was scared to death with that first CSection, the second time around was slightly less but not by much... My Csection scar never hurt during pregnancy... but I've heard others who do... than again I am a tough cookie??? I came home three days after the surgery and was doing laundry, cleaning, and cooking! I honestly thought others sitting around on couches having hubby cater were desperate for attention... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Im having another one too :) I plan to wear make up and make sure I look great LOL!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I cant have natural birth. My body wont allow me
    ArmywifeNatasha

Comment by ArmywifeNatasha (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I have had 2 c sections and I am now 14 weeks prego again and this will be my 3rd c section. My scar hasnt hurt at all with my 2nd or this one. It gets easier everytime. At least it did for me.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I don't know where everyone had their c-sections but I was down for 2 months with both. I was not able to do laundry or clean! I was barley able to care for the baby. AND I didn't have complications other than being forced into two c-sections. My scar didn't hurt during pregnancy and hasn't hurt yet this pregnancy. I was just as terrified of the second as I was the first. Bit that is just me and apparently I am not "normal".
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• @ mslksdh No momma you are normal. I am still scared too as I was with the first 2. I however was back to work in just 4 weeks. I was up and doing everything after being home for a week. Everyone heals differently. Why were you forced into having a c section? If you dont mind me being nosey. sorry
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I had 2 csections (and 3 vaginal births). My scar didn't bother me at all during pregnancy, and my recovery was much quicker the 2nd time - which it needed to be since I also had my 2 year old to run around after! Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 7:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I've had 2 c-sec's....the scar didn't hurt at all, recovery for my first was quick and so was my second. I was sitting up and walking a little bit about 3-4 hours after having her. 2 days later I was pretty much walking normal.....and a woman who had her baby about an hour before I had my daughter was walking so slow and in pain. She asked my secret....just getting up as often as you can, it really does help you heal faster
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011