3 Yo Tantrums

Whomever said 2s were bad didn't have my son. He NEVER and I mean NEVER through a tantrum until he was 35 months...now it's whenever he wants however he wants and what he wants! He is sooooo fresh and knows it snd is refusing to do anything nice. Today was his birthday and we were unable to do ANYTHING because of his behavior. It made me so sad..

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I always made whoever was throwing the tantrum go have it in the privacy of their room. When they realized that they didn't have an audience, they decided to try my way of communicating.. lol
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I know what you mean. My DD was a great 2 year old, but at 3 she started learning how to hit and throw temper tantrums. lol They got it all wrong!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• My son didn't have the terrible twos, he had the tyrannical threes. I understand.  Just hang in there and be consistant. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• although Max's 2 year age wasn't "Angelic" we are very much noticing the 3 year old levels od whining and tantrums are WAYYYY worse and he just turned 3... ugh... I was talking to a co worker whos son is 3-1/2 and he says the same thing.. that the 3's for him have been an outright nightmare...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• LOL OMG my little boy has this shreeking noise that sends chills down my spine. Now everytime he does it I take him to the corner. He wont sit by himself so I stand him up in the corner, tell him why he is there, and stand there with him. It usually takes 2-3 minutes and he is calmed down. When he starts back up I repeat it. It has almost got where I can tell him he will end up in the corner and he stops. I told my DH tonight that I had to stand almost 9 minutes in a corner today. LOL
    My son I think gets frustrated because his speech hasnt full developed yet and he is the baby in the family. He wants everything when he wants it, and it doesnt matter who has what he wants...as long as he gets it. LOL My other kids just usually give into him, but I made them stop.
    I would put him in his room by himself during a spell but my husband seems so against it. Im not sure why. Oh well.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 12:50 AM on Jan. 30, 2011