Tax question for you momma that did your online!

which did u use? *we are military*
ive heard
militaryonesource
H&R block
turbo tax
tax slayer
what didu use and what were the outcomes?
totally afraid to do this myself but with 3 kids going out to get them done seems like a nightmare!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 7:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm not military, but I've done my taxes every year since 2008 on turbo tax. I've never had any issues with errors or lost returns, they store your basic information for the next year, and a couple of times I've had a tax attorney friend look over my return to see if I missed something and my refund was always the same amount the friend came up with.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I love Turbo tax. have been using for over 10 years. there's a $10 off coupon at Costco right now. You can get the deluxe for 29.99. Might be a little more with state. We don't have state in Wa.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Turbotax. Went well,pretty fast,but ours are super easy. We used it last year too. H&R costs us $200,Turbotax was $50. Bonus!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• You can go to militaryonesource.com and they have a link for H&R Block for free. Or there is a free option on H&R Block, don't really know the differece. We just paid for the cheapest one on H&R Block (the next up from the free one). We got $6700 but we also both attended college last year as well as paid a lot in student loan interest!!! It isn't that scary when you have to do it online, we have found it to be quite easy!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• Oh and I think what we paid on H&R Block was $18.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• taxbrain.com i love it, use it every year! fast and accurate
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I used tax act last year and turbo tax this year. both were easy and cheap!. GL!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• We are not military, but were able to use Turbo tax online free edition. We were able to file state and federal for free, and e-file. I filed them yesterday, and they were accepted today. Since we decided to have the money automatically put in our bank, we will get the money back in less than 2 weeks. We made less money last year and got more money back. It's great. If you're not sure, go to www.irs.gov. Good luck, and happy taxes. :)

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• I forgot to mention that it took me about an hour to get everything done, but it was super easy, and I wanted to make sure I did everything correctly.  It could take less. 

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2011

• i use hr block
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 2:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2011